Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Eye of the Tiger

This week Im endeavoring to make myself hurt. A lot.  The theory being that doing this in a short term, controlled manner will up level my fitness. I bought my first do-rag on Friday. Im channeling the Hulk!


Yeah. Pretty much.

This morning I did my usual Tues/Thurs workout class at 5:45am. *cue Rocky theme* Today was one of those days I call texas hold 'em.  We dont do a set number of reps, we do things till we're told to stop.  So we squatted, kettel bell swinged, planked and push up'd until we were told to stop. I really really hate planks.

Tonight I did sprints on Mt Tabor.  I imagine myself pulling off this epic move in a race where I take off at the bottom of the hill and sprint to the top, crushing my competitors. With my teeth bared and eyes bugged out I give a Xena worthy yell as I burn across the finish line like a rocket.  I look so fierce small children nearby start to cry.

With this in mind I set off on my first rep. I am the champion! I realize at about 30s into my 60s sprint that this really sucks!  I manage to get about 2/3 of the way up when my legs give up and Im sucking air like a vacuum.  After an hour of repeats like this Im tired, but saying to myself 'well I didnt puke so I probably could have gone harder'

Which is when I realized theres something a little screwed up about being disappointed with my workout because I didnt barf. Im tired but not totally decimated. My glutes hurt. We will see what the next 2 days of workouts bring. Probably a lot of whining ;)

So fierce!

No comments:

Post a Comment