Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mein blog, en Deutsche!

Blogger is too  smart for its own good. It knows Im in Austria so it changed my interface to German. 

I cant speak German but I can try if you like.

Im very tired and disoriented. My computer says its 2pm but my phone says its 11pm and my body is not sure what on earth is going on. I just ate a large pizza and some schwarze bier.  Im now noshing on some ritter sport and (oregon) hazlenuts. I do so love this part of the world.

We're staying at the posh Penz Hotel in Innsbruck for the next few days and I will take advantage of their FREE WIFI (score!) to make some updates and share pics.  Apparently we will be visiting some very remote places later in the tour so I have to take advantage of modern conveniences like interwebs and ATMs while I can.

The flight was long but turns out I didnt need to be entertained.  I sat next to an older gentleman, Manny, from the bay area who works in airplane manufacturing.  His background is chemistry which he has been using to produce some good wines in San Diego. He talked of leaving the corporate world to pursue wine making and food/wine pairing with his wife.  It made me think of my sister.  I told him that sounded like a great idea.  Also the flight had Hunger Games on the on-demand movies. Score again!

6 of the 10 riders are here.  Im rooming with Claire and I also met Greg, Dan and Alejandro tonight. Tomorrow will be bike building after breakfast, fingers crossed again that everything is functional after its flight across the world.

Weather is rainy and 15C  Afternoon showers have been common lately, hoping for some good rides between now and when our tour starts on Sunday to get the legs warmed up.  Alejandro is rocking a 34 in the back.  Makes me feel pretty nervous about my 28, but its what i got!

No comments:

Post a Comment